There’s nothing like the fun and excitement of getting ready to head off on vacation. For those awaiting the U.S. arrival of the recently transformed Carnival Sunshine or anyone who enjoys the feeling of anticipation leading up to a fabulous vacation, Carnival Cruise Lines has launched a fun new photo contest. The Vacation Anticipation Contest invites consumers to submit a photo of their (or their pet’s) most ‘vacation ready look’ via social media. Four lucky grand prize winners will receive a free cruise for four aboard Carnival Sunshine following its U.S. debut next month in New Orleans.
From now through October 31, fans can submit their best vacation-ready photos –whether it’s them in their straw hat and Hawaiian shirt or their pet with food bowl and treats packed — to Instagram, Twitter or via the simple upload tool on the Vacation Anticipation website (www.carnivalsunshine.com) using the dedicated hashtag for each of the following categories:
· #SunshineReadyKids – Let little ones demonstrate their best cruise vacation look.
· #SunshineReadyDuos – Couples, ‘besties’ and other duos – show us you’re ready for a warm-weather retreat.
· #SunshineReadyFamilies – Whether you’re a family or a group of friends, let us see how excited you are to get on board with your favorite traveling companions.
· #SunshineReadyPets – Pets may not be able to join the cruise, but that doesn’t mean they can’t get in on the fun.
From November 1 through November 5, consumers can vote for their favorite photos in each category at www.carnivalsunshine.com once per day, and encourage others to participate by sharing contest entries on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The 10 photos in each category with the most votes will become contest finalists to be judged by Carnival Cruise Lines based on originality, creative spirit and effectiveness in depicting ‘vacation ready.’
Carnival will announce the grand prize winner in each category on November 18 as part of the Carnival Sunshine Naming Ceremony video recap. Each grand prize winner will receive a complimentary cabin for up to four people to sail on a seven-day Caribbean cruise aboard Carnival Sunshine. Those receiving the second and third most votes in each category will receive gift cards in the amount of $100 and $50, respectively.
Carnival Sunshine, which arrives in New Orleans Nov. 17, received an unprecedented $155 million, 75-day transformation. The total makeover incorporated all of the line’s “Fun Ship 2.0” dining, bar and entertainment features, as well as a variety of exciting innovations unique to the vessel such as the stunning three-deck-high Serenity adults-only retreat.
Following a trans-Atlantic crossing from Europe, Carnival Sunshine will arrive to its U.S. homeport of New Orleans and offer seven-day cruises to the Bahamas and Western Caribbean from the Big Easy and then begin sailing from Port Canaveral, Fla., beginning April 2014.
For more information about Carnival’s Vacation Anticipation Photo Contest, please visit www.carnivalsunshine.com.
Carnival can also be found on:
· Twitter: www.twitter.com/carnivalcruise
· Facebook Fan Page: www.facebook.com/carnival
· Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/carnivalcruiselines/
· Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/carnivalcruise/
· Instagram: http://instagram.com/carnival
· Journalists also can visit Carnival’s media site, www.carnival-news.com or follow the line’s PR department on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CarnivalPR